• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Fubara confirms N600bn in Rivers treasury after emergency rule

Ada Okafor by Ada Okafor
December 18, 2025
in Cover
0
We’ve arrested hundreds of Boko Haram members in Lagos – CJTF Commander
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Governor of Rivers State, Siminalayi Fubara, has confirmed that he met about ₦600 billion in the state’s treasury upon his return to office after the six-month state of emergency imposed on the state.

The Governor reaffirmed his administration’s commitment to financial discipline, stressing that prudent management of public resources remains central to his leadership.

It will be recalled that the Speaker of the Rivers State House of Assembly, Hon. Martin Amaewhule, had earlier disclosed that the Sole Administrator during the emergency rule, Vice-Admiral Ikot Ibas (rtd), left about ₦600 billion in the state’s coffers.

Fubara confirmed the figure while speaking at the commissioning of the 14.2 kilometre Obodhi–Ozochi Road, which links communities in Ahoada East and Ahoada West Local Government Areas of the state.

According to the governor, before the emergency rule, over ₦300 billion had been kept in the state’s treasury, adding that the balance increased to about ₦600 billion by the time he returned to office.

He assured that his administration would, within six months, provide clear and verifiable details on how public funds are being deployed.

“Today, I want to say to the whole world that during the emergency rule, our records are there. We left over ₦300 billion and something.

“When we came back, we met about ₦600 billion and something. Every penny that we are spending, the records are there, and evidence will be shown between now and the next six months.

“So there should be no question about what we are doing with our money. At least, nobody can take away my sincerity and genuineness,” the Governor said.

He dismissed misconceptions surrounding the management of state funds, attributing them partly to his administration’s preference for executing projects without elaborate public flag-off ceremonies.

He noted that several projects with significant impact are ongoing across the state beyond those currently being commissioned.

Fubara maintained that his administration’s record on accountability and financial management remains strong, insisting that all available resources are being deployed strictly in the interest of Rivers State and its people.

On the Obodhi–Ozochi Road project, the Governor explained that it was initiated by his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, as part of efforts to mobilise support during the 2023 general elections through a former lawmaker and his then Chief of Staff, Edison Ehie.

He said Ehie delivered on the assignment, making it necessary not only to complete the road, but also to expand its scope beyond the original design.

According to him, the project was extended by an additional 4.2 kilometres, bringing its total length to 14.2 kilometres.

Fubara also approved the community’s request for the construction of internal roads and urged Edison Ehie to translate the large turnout at the commissioning ceremony into sustained political support for President Bola Tinubu.

Previous Post

CSO storms ICPC, EFCC, demands swift probe of NMDPRA chief

Next Post

Tinubu replaces Ahmed, Komolafe amidst Dangote’s corruption allegations

Next Post
Tinubu replaces Ahmed, Komolafe amidst Dangote’s corruption allegations

Tinubu replaces Ahmed, Komolafe amidst Dangote's corruption allegations

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Troops intercept suspected gun runner, recover 969 rounds of ammunition in Taraba
News

Troops intercept suspected gun runner, recover 969 rounds of ammunition in Taraba

by Bature Magaji
February 22, 2026
0

Troops of the 6 Brigade Nigerian Army (NA) and Sector 3 Operation Whirl Stroke (OPWS) have intercepted a suspected gun...

Read moreDetails
Troops neutralise 15 terrorists, destroy logistics hub in Yobe

Troops neutralise 15 terrorists, destroy logistics hub in Yobe

February 22, 2026
It’s time to save judicial appointments from corruption

It’s time to save judicial appointments from corruption

February 22, 2026
University of Abuja expels 28 students over infractions 

University of Abuja expels 28 students over infractions 

February 22, 2026
Court orders 54 banks to return N9.3bn stolen from customers accounts

CJN to inaugurate new Supreme Court Justice, Oyewole

February 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng