• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Cover

Military captures notorious IPOB/ESN Commander ‘Gentle de Yahoo’ – DHQ

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
October 16, 2025
in Cover
0
Military captures notorious IPOB/ESN Commander ‘Gentle de Yahoo’ – DHQ
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

After it discovered that it’s earlier claim was untrue, the Defence Headquarters (DHQ) on Thursday announced the capture of the notorious commander of the Indigenous People of Biafra/Eastern Security Network (IPOB/ESN), Ifeanyi Eze Okorienta, popularly known as ‘Gentle de Yahoo.’

A source confirmed to media houses that the notorious leader of unknown gunmen operating mainly in the South-Easy zone, is now in the custody of the Armed Forces of Nigeria (AFN).

Earlier in September, reports emerged claiming that troops of 34 Artillery Brigade, in conjunction with other security forces, conducted a joint operation where they arrested the said Commander in Aku-Ihube, Okigwe Local Government Area (LGA) of Imo State, and recovered arms, ammunition, uniforms, motorcycles, and even a German flag from his hideout.

However, it turned out that whereas the troops actually overran the terror leader’s enclave, he smartly escaped from the scene, while his second-in-command and other fighters were killed and other members of his gang arrested.

Details of the arrest, location or the unit holding him is still sketchy but Defence Headquarters said a statement would be issued shortly on the issue.

This time, it is not disclosed the location and how he was arrested, but competent sources said ‘Gentle De Yahoo’ is in the net. 

Previous Post

With Mbah, Ndigbo have come to mainstream politics – Tinubu

Next Post

Obi drags Deji Adeyanju to court seekin ₦1.5bn in damages over defamatory posts

Next Post
Obi drags Deji Adeyanju to court seekin ₦1.5bn in damages over defamatory posts

Obi drags Deji Adeyanju to court seekin ₦1.5bn in damages over defamatory posts

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NAFDAC recovers ₦3bn fake, banned cosmetics in Lagos
Health

NAFDAC recovers ₦3bn fake, banned cosmetics in Lagos

by Deji Akintola
February 22, 2026
0

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has uncovered a warehouse stocked with banned, fake and...

Read moreDetails
Innoson employs 8,000 workers, expands with new tractor plant

Innoson employs 8,000 workers, expands with new tractor plant

February 22, 2026
Obasanjo calls for reform, return of law programme at NOUN

Obasanjo calls for reform, return of law programme at NOUN

February 22, 2026
NDLEA busts Iran-bound cocaine smuggler at PH airport

NDLEA intercepts large consignments in 6 states

February 22, 2026
Kaigama urges leaders to prioritise accountability, tackle youth unemployment

Kaigama urges leaders to prioritise accountability, tackle youth unemployment

February 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng