• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Senate expresses worry over Boko Haram resurgence, likelihood of spreading

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
May 22, 2025
in Security
0
Senate expresses worry over Boko Haram resurgence, likelihood of spreading
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Senate has expressed grave concern over the recent resurgence of Boko Haram activities in some parts of North-East, particularly to Hong and Gombi Local Government Areas of Adamawa State.

In a motion on urgent national importance moved by Sen. Iya Abbas (Adamawa Central), the Senate noted that the incidences of successive Boko Haram attacks on communities in Hong LGA left thousands of innocent people homeless and displaced.

The Red Chamber catalogued the frequent attacks that affect the following communities among others thus:
“25th February, 2025 Kwapre and Zah were under attack where houses were burnt, schools destroyed, and many people injured.

“15th April, 2025 Banga and Lar communities were attacked, five killed, houses and churches burnt down.

“26th April, 2025, Kwapre in Yadul district, Garaha ward was attacked again. This time 11 members of the local vigilante were killed, houses and public properties destroyed.

“16th May, 2025 (just last week) Kulda in Yadul District, Garaha Ward was attacked, 16 people killed, over 90% of the houses, including places of worship, were burned down.

“Mayo Ladde community in Gaya ward was also attacked. The attack left 6 people dead.”

Senator Abbas in the motion also stated that the neighbouring Gombi LGA has as well been under the Boko Haram attacks. He said “January 17th 2025, 4 people were killed; February 17th 2025, 1 hunter was killed”.

In its resolution, the Senate, “while commanding the brilliant performance of the law enforcement agents, urged for the establishment of a Military base in Hong Local Government Area for reinforcement to the existing personnel of the Nigerian Army and other sister security operatives.

“Directs NEMA to provide relief materials to cushion the effects of the attacks on the affected communities”.

In his remarks, the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio said “there must be vigilance” as loss of a lot of lives and communities paying allegiance was unacceptable”.

Previous Post

DSS not involved in Nnamdi Kanu’s arrest in Kenya, witness tells court 

Next Post

2027: APC Govs, NWC, NASS endorse Tinubu as sole candidate 

Next Post
2027: APC Govs, NWC, NASS endorse Tinubu as sole candidate 

2027: APC Govs, NWC, NASS endorse Tinubu as sole candidate 

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Why I serve food at public functions, by Peter Obi
News

Christians, Muslums beginning fasting same day, is a rare spiritual convergence to revere – Obi

by Aminu Danladi
February 18, 2026
0

The African Democratic Congress, ADC Presidential frontrunner, Peter Obi, has reacted to the significant coincidence of Christians and Muslims beginning...

Read moreDetails
Proposed Legal Practitioners Bill: What is more?

Alleged ₦10b Kogi Fraud:  EFCC never threatened Ali Bello, co-defendant with electric chair – Witness 

February 18, 2026
DSS

How defendants were paid, mobilized, moved weapons for Owo Church attack, 9th DSS witness tells court

February 18, 2026
First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign

First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign

February 17, 2026
PHOTO NEWS-NCC

PHOTO NEWS-NCC

February 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng