• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Tuesday, February 17, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

IPOB distances from killings in the South-East 

Hassan Tanko by Hassan Tanko
April 27, 2023
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Disturbed by the gruesome killing of five police officers and a couple at Okpala Junction in the Ngor Okpala Local Government Area of Imo State by gunmen last week, the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has distanced the body from incessant killings in the South-East zone.

They condemned the killings and advised security agencies to stop linking them with insecurity in South-East or any part of the country. 

The pro-Biafran group, also expressed worry over the continual detention of their leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu, by the Federal  Government 

IPOB made the disclosure through its Media and Publicity Secretary, Emma Powerful, in Owerri, Imo State.

The group insisted that, “IPOB is a peaceful movement seeking separation from the Nigerian state through internationally recognised and accepted modus operandi called self-determination and not through murderous or criminal activities.

“We seek to create a calm and peaceful environment for everyone in our territory to safely dwell and for our people to come home and be part of the development of Biafraland. 

“It is not and has never been part of our objectives to scare or kill innocent citizens of the area.

“Even though Nigerian security agents have been brutal on us, we have always maintained our calm”.

The group however, accused the Nigerian government of being behind the insecurity in the South-East.

It said, “it is public knowledge that the Federal Government is using both state actors and non-state actors to create insecurity and chaos in the South-East just to blackmail IPOB through some compromised media agencies and agents.

“The paid criminals in the South-East should stop and allow Biafra agitation to flow naturally according to plans. 

“We are warning them to stay off Biafraland or face the consequences. They have already been declared wanted by IPOB, and their sins will catch up with them soon.”

Previous Post

Benue records 18,000 IDPs in April

Next Post

NNPC’s decision to open its financial records to EFCC’s probe uncommon bravery, says HURIWA

Next Post

NNPC's decision to open its financial records to EFCC’s probe uncommon bravery, says HURIWA

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes
Security

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai intercepts N37m, disrupts terrorists logistics supply routes

by Deji Akintola
February 16, 2026
0

Troops of Operation Hadin Kai have sustained their operational momentum in the North-East, intensifying logistics strangulation operations and recovering N37...

Read moreDetails
el-Rufai writes Ribadu over alleged ‘importation of (Thallium Sulphate) poison’

Wire Tapping: FG drags el-Rufai to court, slams 3-court charge

February 16, 2026
Lakurawa expands ties with Boko Haram

US freezes assets of eight Nigerians with ties to Boko Haram, ISIL

February 16, 2026
I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

I’ll contest 2027 presidential election – Obi

February 16, 2026
Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

Presidency accuses el-Rufai of plotting unrest, political tension

February 16, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng