• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Politics

Obi: Nigeria’s presidency is neither about turn by turn nor retirement for old men

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
January 11, 2023
in Politics
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The presidential candidate of the Labour Party, Peter Obi, on Tuesday, said the presidency of Nigeria is not operated on a urn- by- turn bases as claimed by some politicians, even as he reiterated that it is also not a retirement loan

The former Anambra stated, who had earlier boasted that he would retire both the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, Bola Tinubu and his Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) counterpart, Atiku Abubakar, from active politics, using the 2023 presidential election insisted that the country needs a stingy leader at the moment, adding that he is the youngest, the fittest and the most qualified candidate to be President among the four leading contestants.

He stated these at a town hall meeting with Anambra traditional rulers at the Government House, Awka, as part of his nationwide campaign for the presidential election in February.

He said, “This is not about turn but about capacity because if it is about turn, people like us would insist that it is our turn and should be considered.

“The job of a president is not a retirement loan or for any kind of settlement but about uniting and rebuilding the country.

“They said that I am a stingy man and I say they didn’t say that I am extravagant or that I embezzled public funds only that I am stingy and I tell you the job and the presidency of our country needs a stingy person.”

The LP presidential candidate also addressed his supporters at Onitsha, where he spoke at the All Saints Cathedral Field, Onitsha

Former governor of Anambra State, Chukwuemeka Ezeife, assured the crowd that election would hold in February and the winner declared.

Ezeife said, “This 2023 election will be held successfully. There will be no interim government in Nigeria after the general elections, Peter Obi will be sworn-in as the overall winner of the election.

“He is the man of the people, I urge you all to come out en masse and vote for him, and elect a brand new president of Nigeria.”

Also speaking, a socio-political activist, Aisha Yesufu, said Nigerians should use their Permanent Voter Cards and thumbprint to elect good leaders that would take Nigeria to its promised land.

Yesufu said that the Labour Party presidential candidate is the man to trust, adding that he would give Nigerians accountability, provide good roads and create job opportunities for the youths.

Previous Post

Tinubu will continue my legacy to rebuild Nigeria, Buhari says in Yobe

Next Post

APC, Buhari only performed comedy for 8 years, says SDP presidential candidate

Next Post

APC, Buhari only performed comedy for 8 years, says SDP presidential candidate

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  
Crime

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  

by Ada Okafor
February 21, 2026
0

The Nigeria Police Force in Cross River State has arrested former presidential aide, Okoi Obono-Obla, over allegations of forgery and...

Read moreDetails
Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

February 21, 2026
Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

February 21, 2026
Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

February 21, 2026
Alleged Christian Genocide: U.S. lawmakers dig in against Nigeria, disagree with FG

Bandits kill over 50 in Zamfara night of terror

February 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng