• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home News

2023: INEC denies releasing final list of candidates

Mohammed Koi by Mohammed Koi
January 10, 2023
in News
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) says it has not released the final list of candidates for the 2023 general election.

There were reports on Monday (Not The Star) that INEC had released the final list of Presidential, National Assembly, Governorship, and State Assembly candidates for the 2023 polls.

However, the electoral umpire, in a statement issued on Monday by the commission’s National Commissioner and Chairman Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye, said no new publication of the final list of candidates was released.

Okoye stated: “The attention of the Commission has been drawn to reports widely circulated by a section of the media today, Monday 9th January 2023, that the final list of candidates was released on our website on Sunday 8th January 2023.

“The Commission wishes to state categorically that no new publication of the final list of candidates was released as reported. The public should therefore discountenance the story.

“For the record, the final list of candidates for the 2023 general election was published at least 150 days before the day of election in compliance with the provision of Sec. 32(1) of the Electoral Act 2022.

“Accordingly, the final list for Presidential and National Assembly elections was published on 20th September 2022 while that of Governorship and State Assembly elections was published two weeks later on 4th October 2022.

“These are clearly indicated as item 8 on the Timetable and Schedule of Activities for the 2023 General Election released by the Commission on 26th February 2022.

“There cannot be a final list of candidates with just 46 days to the general election except for names published as substitutions for candidates nominated earlier in compliance with court order.

“Moreover, some of the candidates that allegedly made the new ‘final’ list are still in court and the matter is therefore subjudice.

“Political parties, litigants, and the public should be guided accordingly,” the INEC official noted.

Previous Post

Kano: Court orders INEC to put Bashir, LP guber candidate on the ballot

Next Post

CBN: No extension of January 31 deadline for exchange of new naira

Next Post

CBN: No extension of January 31 deadline for exchange of new naira

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  
Crime

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  

by Ada Okafor
February 21, 2026
0

The Nigeria Police Force in Cross River State has arrested former presidential aide, Okoi Obono-Obla, over allegations of forgery and...

Read moreDetails
Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

February 21, 2026
Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

February 21, 2026
Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

February 21, 2026
Alleged Christian Genocide: U.S. lawmakers dig in against Nigeria, disagree with FG

Bandits kill over 50 in Zamfara night of terror

February 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng