• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, November 29, 2025
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Nigerian mobile subscribers hit 210m in August — NCC

Chidiebere Nwobodo by Chidiebere Nwobodo
December 13, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) says that no fewer than 210 million Nigerians had been active mobile subscribers in Nigeria as at August with a teledensity of 109.99 per cent.

The Executive Vice-Chairman of NCC, Prof. Umar Dambatta, stated this on Monday at the NCC Day at the 43rd Kano International Trade Fair.

Dambatta represented by the Deputy Director, Consumer Affairs of the commission, Mr Banji Ojo, said that Internet subscribers in the country had exceeded 152.2 million with a broadband penetration of 44.56 per cent.

According to him, “Information and Communication Technology (ICT) is not the only fastest growing industry but it is also an important enabler of innovation and development.

“The telecommunication sector is a strategic driver of the digital economy especially in the activities of small and medium enterprises across Nigeria and beyond.”

He said that the commission had embarked on digital literacy training for entrepreneurs across the six-geopolitical zones of the country.

He said that the aim was to equip small-scale business owners with the requisite skills and generate ideas for the development of products and services that could be exported.

Also in a remark, the Interim Chairman of the Kano Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Agriculture (KACCIMA), Alhaji Ahmed Aminu, commended the NCC for promoting the telecommunication industry.

Aminu said that the 43rd Kano Trade fair was organised to enhance commerce and industry and also to showcase the talents and products of SMEs, with the aim of boosting the economy.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that 10 participants won brand new android mobile phones during a raffle draw organised by the commission at the event. (NAN)

Previous Post

NCC releases short code to end insolicited messages from network providers

Next Post

Nigeria’s public debt hits N44trn, says DMO

Next Post

Nigeria’s public debt hits N44trn, says DMO

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
MAKEMS 2025 Jewelry Exhibition holds in Abuja Saturday
Entertainment

MAKEMS 2025 Jewelry Exhibition holds in Abuja Saturday

by Ada Okafor
November 27, 2025
0

The MAKEMS Jewelry Exhibition is set to dazzle jewelry enthusiasts once again this year, promising an unforgettable showcase of handmade...

Read moreDetails
I’ve been deposed, Guinea-Bissau’s President Embalo confirms

I’ve been deposed, Guinea-Bissau’s President Embalo confirms

November 26, 2025
US court orders FBI, anti-drug agency to release investigation dossiers on Tinubu

Bayo Onanuga’s Wool-gathering on Peter Obi

November 26, 2025
NNPCL hits N5.4trn profit-after-tax 

NNPCL hits N5.4trn profit-after-tax 

November 26, 2025
FG, states shutting down of schools implies surrender to Boko Haram ideology – HURIWA 

FG, states shutting down of schools implies surrender to Boko Haram ideology – HURIWA 

November 26, 2025
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng