• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Sunday, February 22, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Edo CP removes Auchi DPO over killing of suspect who attacked Apostle Suleman’s convoy

Adepegba Abioye by Adepegba Abioye
October 22, 2022
in Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Edo State Commissioner of Police, AIG Abutu Yaro, has removed the Divisional Police Officer, Auchi Division, CSP Ayodele Suleiman, with regard to the alleged killing of a suspect arrested for attacking the convoy of Apostle Johnson Suleiman, General Overseer of Omega Fire Ministry.

The DPO is to report at the state police command for debriefing.

A statement by the Command’s Deputy Public Relations Officer, Jennifer Iwegbu, said the DPO’s withdrawal was part of the measures to unravel the circumstances that led to the death of one of the surviving members of the gang that attacked the convoy.

The outgoing CP now AIG Abutu Yaro has ordered the withdrawal of CSP Ayodele Suleiman, DPO Auchi for debriefing at the State Headquarters with immediate effect,” the statement read.

The statement urged members of the public to remain calm and patient, assuring that no stone would be left unturned to unearth the circumstances surrounding the incident.

Recall that one of the suspected attackers of Apostle Johnson Suleman was said to have been arrested by vigilantes and handed over to the police, who reportedly killed him.

Following the alleged killing of the suspect, Apostle Suleman in a tweet accused the police of trying to erase all evidence that could lead to the arrest of his attackers.

Daily Trust learnt that the pastor had been in Tanzania with his family and was on his back to Auchi when the gunmen attacked his convoy on Friday at about 5pm along Warrake roroles few kilometers to his hometown in Auchi.

Seven persons, including his two police ororderlies, two drivers and two female domestic workers in his convoy were killed during the attack.

Previous Post

Flood kills 23 in Kano State – SEMA

Next Post

U-17 WWC: Flamingos to face Colombia in semi-final

Next Post

U-17 WWC: Flamingos to face Colombia in semi-final

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
NAFDAC recovers ₦3bn fake, banned cosmetics in Lagos
Health

NAFDAC recovers ₦3bn fake, banned cosmetics in Lagos

by Deji Akintola
February 22, 2026
0

The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has uncovered a warehouse stocked with banned, fake and...

Read moreDetails
Innoson employs 8,000 workers, expands with new tractor plant

Innoson employs 8,000 workers, expands with new tractor plant

February 22, 2026
Obasanjo calls for reform, return of law programme at NOUN

Obasanjo calls for reform, return of law programme at NOUN

February 22, 2026
NDLEA busts Iran-bound cocaine smuggler at PH airport

NDLEA intercepts large consignments in 6 states

February 22, 2026
Kaigama urges leaders to prioritise accountability, tackle youth unemployment

Kaigama urges leaders to prioritise accountability, tackle youth unemployment

February 22, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng