• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Saturday, February 21, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Security

Insurgency claims 100,000 lives, displaces over 2 million – Gen. Irabor

Ada Okafor by Ada Okafor
October 20, 2022
in Security
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Chief of Defence Staff, General Lucky Irabor, yesterday said the Boko Haram insurgency led to the deaths of 100,000 persons and the displacement of over two million others.

He disclosed this in Abuja at the closing ceremony of the 2022 Ministerial Performance Review Retreat.

He also said the insurgency caused the country $9 billion (N3.24 trillion) worth of damages.

He said the insurgency was now restricted to a corner of the territory they previously inhabited even though they had made some inroads into the North West. 

Irabor said the Armed Forces had received N2.5 trillion in seven years in budgetary provisions and had been able to “tremendously” increased internal security operations. However, he regretted that the amount received was just 35 per cent of the Armed Forces’ requirements and below 0.5 per cent of the Gross Domestic Product (GDP).

On the Armed Forces’ operations in the Niger Delta, he said militancy had transmuted to crude oil theft.

Previous Post

Stop arresting youths with laptops, Buhari orders Police, others

Next Post

FG insists on more taxes to reduce Nigeria’s debt burden

Next Post

FG insists on more taxes to reduce Nigeria’s debt burden

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  
Crime

Alleged Certificate Forgery: Police arrest ex-presidential aide Obono-Obla  

by Ada Okafor
February 21, 2026
0

The Nigeria Police Force in Cross River State has arrested former presidential aide, Okoi Obono-Obla, over allegations of forgery and...

Read moreDetails
Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

Allegation of N13b payroll scam is APC fake news – Osun govt

February 21, 2026
Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

Judgement that ordered £420m payment to slain Enugu coal miners transmitted to UK Govt

February 21, 2026
Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

Boko Haram offered to release heroic Christian schoolgirl Leah Sharibu for a ransom – Emmanuel Ogebe

February 21, 2026
Alleged Christian Genocide: U.S. lawmakers dig in against Nigeria, disagree with FG

Bandits kill over 50 in Zamfara night of terror

February 21, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng