• About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact
Wednesday, February 18, 2026
  • Login
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
Advertisement
  • Cover
  • News
  • Politics
  • Business
  • Security
  • Entertainment
  • World
  • Sports
  • Editorial
  • Interview
No Result
View All Result
Newsdesk Africa
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Soludo to spend N9bn on Okpoko roads, N6bn for abandoned Govt House

Ada Okafor by Ada Okafor
August 19, 2022
in Business
0
0
SHARES
0
VIEWS
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Making good part of his campaign promises to upgrade the Okpoko slum, in Ogbaru Local Government Area, near the commercial city of Onitsha, Governor Chukwuma Soludo has commenced the rehabilitation of nine roads in the area, at a cost of N9 billion.

The State Executive Council has approved the project measuring 14.053 kilometers with dual carriage, reinforced concrete median and side walks on both sides.

Commissioner for Information, Paul Nwosu, who spoke after the state’s weekly Executive Council Meeting, said the project would be completed in 12 months.

At the meeting, Soludo also promised to build the abandoned Government House project in Awka within 18 months, at a cost of N6.088 billion.

The state has been operating from a temporary Government House since its creation in 1991.

According to Nwosu, the council also approved N241,439,316.20 for the full scale destiling and dredging of 62,034 cubic metres of Nwangene drainage which had been a source of nightmare to road users in Onitsha. The project will also be completed in three months.

Other projects approved by the EXCO include the rehabilitation of the failed carriage way and embankment at Mmili John section of Oba-Ojoto road and the dredging of Mmili John which will cost N61,494,541.88 and is expected to be completed in six weeks.

Nwosu said: “The memo on the abandoned Government House and 25 other peripheral structures were presented by the Commissioner for Housing and considered by ANSEC and approved.

“Also endorsed for construction are gate houses, police posts, perimeter fence measuring 2.22 linear kilometers and other internal works such as drive ways, parking areas, walk ways, drainages,, water supplies, green area, etc, which will be completed at the cost of N1.317 billion and to be delivered in nine months.”

The Commissioner added that ANSEC frowned at the frequent cases of youth incursions into the lands of people who had appropriate government titles, warning that such a thing would no longer be tolerated.

“It came to the attention of ANSEC that some unscrupulous elements are selling parts of Mamu Forest Reserve. Government is poised to arrest and prosecute all those that are culpable in these unlawful land transactions.

“For the avoidance of doubt, Mamu Forest Reserve is not for sale and any property developer or member of the public who allows himself/herself to be lured into purchasing parcel(s) of land will have himself to blame.”

Previous Post

House with 20 corpses not ritualists den, but mortuary – Edo Civil Society Organizations

Next Post

Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket best winning formula for APC, says Adamu

Next Post

Muslim-Muslim presidential ticket best winning formula for APC, says Adamu

https://youtu.be/FHyJ1Wr0FAk?si=0WVYI_2OR4OrIrQ4
https://youtu.be/gbE3azm_Io0?si=GdE3Mqelo1ujTNla
First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign
News

First Lady flags off National Community Food Bank campaign

by Maurice Okosisi
February 17, 2026
0

Nigeria’s First Lady, Oluremi Tinubu, on Tuesday launched the National Advocacy and Awareness Campaign for the National Community Food Bank Programme,...

Read moreDetails
PHOTO NEWS-NCC

PHOTO NEWS-NCC

February 17, 2026
CNG: Reps slams FG over unfair distribution of conversation centers

Plateau youths get CNG training to boost green energy skills

February 17, 2026
Insecurity: Senate moots two-day national security summit

Accountant-General, Auditor-General ordered by Reps to submit 2023-2025 financial statements 

February 17, 2026
Power: FG seeks collaboration with EU

Power Infrastructure: TCN engages Kaduna monarchs to curb vandalism, right-of-way encroachment 

February 17, 2026
  • About
  • Advertise
  • Privacy & Policy
  • Contact

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng

Welcome Back!

Login to your account below

Forgotten Password?

Retrieve your password

Please enter your username or email address to reset your password.

Log In
No Result
View All Result
  • Homepage

Copyright© 2022-2025 Newsdesk Africa Published by Glossy Affairs Ltd. Tel: +2348152359152. Email: info@newsdeskafrica.com.ng editor@newsdeskafrica.com.ng